(This section is always under construction. The
sign of a good sea story is that they usually take place on land.)
An old bosun said to me once......
- "Anyone with an odd number of gangway trips ain't right
in the head."
- "I learn something new every day and it's starting to
piss me off."
- "Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes.
That way when you start in on them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
- "Every day it becomes more obvious that I would be a
lot better off if I had listened to my mother."
- "Red sky at night, sailor's delight ; but it don't take
much to please a sailor."
- "Most every job is easier and goes faster with two people
unless, of course, they are married."
- "I know it is a small world but I'd still hate to paint
- "This job isn't exciting if you do it right."
- "I never learned nothing while I was talking."
"You wouldn't worry so much about what people think
about you if you knew how little they did."
"Bigger fools than you are doing this every day."
"Half the chief mates I've worked for are below avarage."
"A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory."
"The second mouse get the cheese."
"Always borrow money from a pessimist, They don't expect it back."
"For every action there is an equal and opposite amount of criticism."
"No one listens until you make a mistake."
"Love is blind but marrage is a real eye-opener."
"Sometimes it is easier to change people than to change people."
Up coming tales. (Lies?)
One day many years ago a mariner was in
a bar and not telling a pack of lies but that was many years ago, it was just one guy and for only one day.
My Father, The Pirate
Damn, His Mother's A Psychic!
What's our position, Dave?
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
The Chief Mate's Payoff
Bicentennial in DC